A good CRM does much more than registering customers, a lot!
- – Call Dr. Ferris, please, he wants to talk to you about that urgent delivery. – says the commercial director.
- – Doctor who? What delivery? – answers the seller.
- – Dr. Ferris, from Autopeças Ferraretto, his phone number is in his diary, or in that spreadsheet on Almeida’s computer.
- – Almeida! – shouts one salesman to another – Do you know any Dr. Ferreira, from Autopeças Ferrazzeto?
Yes, it looks like an episode from some American comedy series, but actually it is the reality of the sales department of some companies.
Without an effective control of their customers’ records, they resort to paper diaries and Excel spreadsheets, causing a lot of confusion or, even worse, lost sales.
In this article, we are going to give some improvement suggestions for a company that has grown and needs to adapt to the new strategic tools available in the market, such as CRM systems, for example.
Bonus: make your team achieve high sales performance with our CRM platform
Agendor is a CRM and business management platform that works as a control panel and personal assistant for B2B sales teams.
No time to read the content? Would you like to be able to accompany him as he drives, walks or performs other activities? So don’t waste your time and listen to this article in its entirety. Just click play! We appreciate your feedback in the comments 🙂
CRM: customer registration is just the beginning
Many of a company’s problems when relating to its customers are linked to the lack of communication between sectors and employees, in addition to obstacles in the collection and sharing of important data about its customer base.
For this, CRM tools have been increasingly decisive when it comes to increasing sales and productivity of a business.
But did you know that relying on CRM software just for customer records doesn’t make any sense? Understand the reasons and know what features you should look for in a software that really helps you in managing your relationship with customers.
This way, you’ll avoid the kind of dialogue we described at the beginning of this post, and you’ll greatly increase your customer satisfaction and, as a result, sales conversion and customer loyalty.
Main advantages of a CRM system and customer registration
Registering manually or even through programs such as Excel are not functional options and much less productive for a company.
This almost archaic way is very prone to collection errors, in addition to sharing barriers and difficult updates. After all, imagine how impractical it is to send data from one sector to another via spreadsheets, for example.
With digital transformation, new options have emerged to make tasks like this much easier to be performed.
See below some advantages that a customer registration in CRM can provide:
1. Centralized information
Keeping the customer record centralized will facilitate data integration, as well as its sharing among company departments.
Thus, communication errors and the slowness of sharing files among employees will be solved in a practical and simple way with a customer record in CRM.
In addition, data updates will be faster, contact between the team will be easier and much more collaborative, taking place in real time.
2. Registration of information
When registering customers via CRM, the most varied and relevant data about them will be registered.
- Want to know which products were purchased by a particular company?
- And in what quantities?
- Has any dissatisfaction been detected?
Thus, decision-making and the creation of strategies will be safer and more assertive, as they will have essential information about the relationship with their customers.
3. Improved customer relationships
By collecting and maintaining a centralized record of customer information, it will be possible to detect behaviors, preferences and specificities of each of them. Thus, by getting to know each customer deeply, the company will be able to bet on the best way to relate specifically to them, offering the solution that your company really needs, at the right time and at an affordable price.
4. Increase the company’s credibility in the market
Information and organization make all the difference. And don’t be fooled into thinking that customers cannot perceive these qualities in a company.
After all, when employees have access to a customer record in a CRM system, they have all the information they need to ensure efficient service. No forgetting meetings or having questions about the specifications of an order. Everything is properly registered!
The quality of the services provided increases and this is reflected in the perception that your customers have of your company.
Thus, with more agile and accurate solutions, the company’s credibility increases vis-à-vis its audience – as well as its satisfaction levels.
5. Facilitate team management
With a CRM equipped with customer registration, information related to the efficiency of the sales team is also stored.
It will be possible to analyze the results of salespeople, measure their productivity and see if individual goals are being achieved.
In addition to facilitating the perception of which sales methods and techniques applied by the team when selling are being more productive, it will also be possible to define awards and incentives for employees who demonstrate better results.
What should a good CRM and customer record software have?
As you noticed, the role of CRM in a company is precisely to facilitate the management of customer relationships and, as a result, improve your business results.
The idea is to get to know customers deeply to offer exactly what they need most. This is only possible with a lot of information and easy access to this data.
But the facilities brought by the registration of customers in CRM are just the tip of this iceberg.
Get to know the other essential features when hiring a good sales management tool:
- Cloud-based system: It is very important to look for a CRM option that operates in the cloud. Thus, not only is there a guarantee that all company data will never be lost, but it will also provide easier access to information, wherever the person is, via the web. Besides, you won’t have to install programs on your computers or worry about storage limits, updates and backups.
- Customer History: Provide a record of everything that happened between the company and each customer. After all, it is based on registered information that CRM can really help in discovering alternatives to improve customer relationship management, always offering them what they most want and need.
- Data Security: Look for options that ensure security measures are in place, after all, protecting a company’s data is essential.
- Customer location map: having a function that indicates the location of your customers on a map will make it easier to trace the best routes for visits and even deliveries.
- Follow-up reminders: Look for features that prevent you from forgetting appointments registered with customers, such as calendars and reminders of meetings and tasks sent daily.
- Remote access via mobile devices: opt for software that provides access to the program not only through web browsers, but also through smartphone versions – and preferably, that works offline too. Thus, access mobility will be facilitated and you will be able to check data in real time, whenever and wherever you want.