Property ID : 14
For Sale £225,000.00 - Semi-Detached
Freehold property description: Bay View, 21 Fell Close, Grange-Over-Sands, Cumbria.
• An opportunity to acquire a beautifully presented modernised, refurbished and decorated with contemporary minimalist white internal décor throughout extended semi-detached freehold 1947 house of traditional construction with whitened elevations under a Cumbrian slate pitched roof. Bay View is in an elevated position overlooking the Bay and the Green and close to Graythwaite Manor Woods with outstanding views of: Morecambe Bay, Arnside Knott and the Kent Estuary.
• Bay View has no local occupancy restrictions, no upward ongoing chain, and registered freehold with title absolute at H.M. Durham District Land Registry.
• Modern stylish contemporary house consisting of: bathroom / shower, lounge, open plan fitted kitchen / dining room, conservatory, utility room, playroom / office, ground floor cloakroom, front and rear two-tier garden, driveway and carport. Bay View has recently undergone significant modernisation extended to a high specification, recreating a well-proportioned house of gross internal square footage approximately 1121 square feet.
• Bay View has full gas central heating installed, full double-glazing and cavity wall insulation. All interior walls and ceilings re-plastered and repainted and the property re-wired, re-plumbed. The front and rear secluded landscaped gardens with mature trees and scrubs are fully fenced.
• Bay View has ample parking in the adjoining carport and driveway with, off-road free parking and on-road free parking in Fell Close. Whilst there is on-road and off-road free parking to the front of Bay View in Fell Close, there is also private parking under the carport private parking for 3 vehicles on the private driveway with plans available for future development for a garage and house extension. Plans showing house and garage extension proposals for Bay View are available on request.
• Bay View has mature landscape gardens to the front and to the rear with the front garden, garden path and driveway overlooking the Bay and the Green Fell Close cul-de-sac.
• Grange-over-Sands awarded the Green Flag award in the Cumbria in Bloom category reflecting Grange-over-Sands’ town’s gardens and parks.
• Grange-over-Sands is on the Walney to Wear cycle route, as well as the Cistercian Way and the Cumbria Coastal Way walking routes. Bay View is very convenient for local schools, frequent regular bus / coach services and with fast frequent rail transportation to the south, east, west and north of Great Britain, close to the M6 and easy road travelling distance to Manchester Airport (71.4 miles) and by rail (1 hour 45 minutes).
Bay View, 21 Fell Close, Grange-over-Sands, Accommodation:
Ground Floor Front Entrance Door and Hallway:
Canopied front entrance with white PVC panelled front entrance door, under stairs area, BT telephone/ BT Vision/ BT Broadband power point, double radiator and stairs rising to the first floor with the ground floor hallway door leading into the lounge.
Ground Floor Lounge:
Approximately: 14’ 6” x 11’ 00”) (4.42m x 3.35m). The lounge décor is minimalist white, double radiator, central light fitting, and fireplace with tiled surround inset and marble hearth with fitted gas fire. There are lovely views from the window overlooking the front landscaped garden, the Green in Fell Close and beyond towards Morecambe Bay, Arnside Knott and the Kent Estuary in the distance. The hallway leads to a five-panelled clear glass door leading to the kitchen / dining room.
Ground Floor Open plan Kitchen / Dining Room:
Approximately: 17’ 11” x 10’ 00” max.) (5.46m x 3.04m. max.) The open plan kitchen / dining room has a shelved pantry, medium oak fronted cabinets and base units with marble effect worktops, inset stainless steel sink and mixer tap. There is a built-in double gas oven, integral four ring gas hob with hood over, fridge / freezer washer / dryer machine, double radiator, ceramic tiled flooring, double-glazed window with roller blind overlooking the rear secluded fenced landscape two-tier garden. The kitchen / dining room leads into the adjoining conservatory overlooking the rear two-tier garden with views of Graythwaite Manor Woods beyond.
Ground Floor Conservatory:
Approximately: 8’ 8” x 7’ 6” (2.64 m x 2.28m). Radiator and door leading into the rear private fenced landscaped two-tier rear garden. A clear double-glazed extra wide white UPVC stable door from the kitchen / dining room leads to the rear entrance lobby, extra wide side entrance double glazed white UPVC stable door, cloakroom, utility room, double radiator, playroom / office, leading to the rear clear double glazed white UPVC stable door into the rear two-tier landscaped garden.
Ground Floor Lobby, Cloakroom and Rear Hallway:
The cloakroom has a window, white low-level toilet suite with white ceramic tiled flooring, energy efficient Worcester 28 SiII combi gas boiler, electricity meter and DCI CTI insulated electricity supply consumer unit and water stopcock.
Ground Floor Rear Hallway:
An extra wide UPVC white double half glazed stable door, double radiator, wall lighting and sunken light fittings, wooden flooring, a Velux double-glazed roof window and UPVC white clear double glazed rear stable door leading into the rear two-tier garden.
Ground Floor Utility Room:
The utility room has clear safety glass door and white ceramic tiled flooring.
Ground Floor Playroom / Office:
Approximately: 7’ 9” x 6’ 9”) (2.36m x 2.05m). The playroom / office has a clear safety glass door, window and ceramic tiled flooring.
From the front entrance hall, the stairs rise to the first floor accommodation with a sunlit landing with doubled-glazed window, hanging cupboard, and loft hatch leading to a large high-pitched roof insulated loft with electric lighting.
First Floor Bedroom 1:
Approximately: 12’ 8” x 11’ 9”) (3.86m x 3.58m). A spacious sunlit double bedroom, double radiator, double-glazed window overlooking the Green with far reaching views towards Morecambe Bay, Arnside Knott and the Kent Estuary.
First Floor Bedroom 2:
Approximately: 14’ 8” x 8’ 5”) (4.47m x 2.56m). The double bedroom has a double recessed hanging cupboard, double radiator, and double-glazed window overlooking the rear fenced two-tier garden with views of Graythwaite Manor Woods beyond.
First Floor Bedroom 3:
Approximately: 9’ 3” x 8’ 00”) (2.81m x 2.43m). A bedroom with a built-in shelved cupboard, wall lights and a central light, radiator and double glazed window overlooking the Green with lovely views towards Morecambe Bay, Arnside Knott and the Kent Estuary Bay Estuary.
First Floor Bathroom:
A bathroom in white with a stylish modern three-piece suit with a low flush toilet, pedestal wash hand basin all in white, panelled bath with a clear glass shower screen. Triton Opal electric shower over the bath, bath spray mixer tap, extractor fan, radiator, frosted double-glazed window overlooking the rear fenced garden and Graythwaite Manor Woods with a fitted white roller window blind, white tiles on three walls floor to the ceiling with white ceramic tiled flooring.
Entry into the garden is via the conservatory or from the rear clear double glazed stable door into a lovely landscaped two-tiered private rear garden, which is fully fenced with a lovely secluded patio seating and eating area, a garden shelved storage cupboard, cold water tap and outside security lighting on the lower tier with drain inspection pit cover. The garden upper tier is from a decked wall and five decked steps has raised flower borders, rockery and lawn edged with maturing shrubs and trees with view of Graythwaite Manor Woods beyond.
Private Front Garden, Pathway, Driveway and Carport:
The Carport is approximately: 8’ 4” x 13’ 7” The front garden overlooking the Green has Cumbrian slate chippings beside a stone wall and low boundary fence alongside maturing flowering shrubs and flowing trees. There are beautiful views overlooking: Morecambe Bay, Arnside Knott, the Kent Estuary, and the Lakeland fells in the distance. A garden pathway leads to the front white double glazed UPVC entrance door and the driveway leads to the carport and outside light, gas meter cupboard and extra wide clear double-glazed white UPVC stable door entrance to the side of the house via the garden path, driveway and the carport.
This comfortable stylish contemporary house is for sale as a permanent family home, first-time buyers’ home or alternatively to increase an existing property investment portfolio. The acquisition of this superbly located house would equally be suited as a second home perfect for someone looking for a weekend or holiday retreat with contemporary living accommodation. Alternatively, as a valuable asset to generate, a high-yielding income derived from all-year around holiday letting or indeed providing a blend of rental incomes in terms of both spring and summer holiday lettings or six months’ assured shorthold tenancy letting agreements. Monthly short-term lettings average approximately £750. per calendar month, an ideal return for buy-to-let investors. Visitor numbers of 14.8 million visited the Lake District in 2012 with visitors spending £994 Million pounds in the Lake District who visited the Lake District’s lush rolling valleys, 200 fell tops, crags, 10 highest mountains, woods, tarns (pools), 16 lakes, beaches and 26 miles of coastline and estuaries.
For more information please see the brochure attached.
- 1: Semi Detached
- 2: Very Spacious
- 3: Great Views